Call Us Before the IRS Calls You!®


Talk with a Tax Attorney Talk with a Tax Attorney

Is Money Received by a Foster Care Provider Income in the Eyes of the IRS?

Posted on October 04, 2012

Are payments from Medicaid paid to a foster care provider includible income? It depends on if you are related to the person for whom you provide care. Typically, Medicaid funds paid to a foster care provider are not treated as income to the foster care provider. However, the IRS takes the position that a biological parent of a disabled child may not exclude the Medicaid funds from income because care provided by a biological parent is not foster care. Has the IRS contacted you about money you recieved from Medicare as a foster care provider? Call us, we can help. Call us before the IRS calls you! Call 877 4 IRS LAW

Share this article!Share on LinkedInShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on TumblrShare on StumbleUponBuffer this page

« Return To Blog
Chicago Area Tax Attorneys

Speak With A Tax Attorney


Chicago Tax Attorneys

314 North York Road
Elmhurst, IL 60126

© 2018 Patrick T. Sheehan & Associates, Attorneys at Law, P.C. - Privacy Policy - Terms and Conditions
Serving the Chicago Area - Disclaimer - Small Business Web Design by Idea Marketing Group